Nine Alabama Media Professionals members won 15 awards in the National Federation of Press Women 2015 Communications Contest.
- Cummings won for a personal blog.
- Francavilla won for an on-the-scene television report.
- Leake won for Specialty Articles-Arts and Entertainment.
- Miller won for a personality profile that appeared in "Discover the Essence of St. Clair" magazine.
- Sandlin won for a website she manages for the Birmingham Association of Realtors.
Nancy Dorman-Hickson received two seconds: one for Specialty Articles-Business; the other for PR Materials-Magazines; and a third for Specialty Articles-Agriculture, Agribusiness, Aquaculture. She also won honorable mentions in the Feature Story category and the Specialty Articles-Green/Environmental category.
Francavilla won a second for Prepared Report-Television and a third for Prepared Report-Radio. Carolanne Roberts took a second place in the PR Materials-Brochures category, and Chanda Temple received an honorable mention in the Marketing Program or Campaign category, and Johnny L. Stevens, a journalism professor at Spring Hill College in Mobile, received a third place as a faculty adviser of a student television station.
Award certificates will be presented at the contest awards banquet at the 2015 NFPW Communications Conference in Anchorage, Alaska.